Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Wrapup://Sitting Shiva


Good weekend overall, except for one thing that all my writer friends know as the absolute maw of the beast; yet all my non writing compadres, including my wife don't really understand the gravity.

InfoTron 3000, beloved friend and family member, left this world for the next early Saturday morning. InfoTron 3000 passed following a long illness. InfoTron or "Tronny" is survived by his brother's Sterophonic 3200, MP3izzle, XBOX 360, and Flat Screen McQueen.

He will be missed.




1.16.2009://
After work the
wife and I scooted our asses to the Temple for Shabbat services. I'm all for the reaffirmation of faith, but my wife's exuberance towards her conversion is leading me down the path of a numbed ass. It's good to see her so happy though.

1.17.2009://Slept in on Saturday a little. Did some work around the house as the wife was working overtime at her job. Made dinner for the father-in-law and took it over to him. Went to Ikea and bought a light. I love that place. Finished the night off by going rollerskating for th first time since the Reagan adminstration. Did not fall.

1.18.2009://Slept the sleep of the dead thanks to a fistful of darvoset to cure my back. Roller skating and a poor center of balance do not mix. Watch Obama's speech on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. Cried. Woke my wife up from a nap and made her watch the speech with me again. Cried. Went to two movies. Gran Torino is a great movie but a little jumpy. Cried. Slumdog Millionaire may be the best movie of the year and one of the best I've ever seen. Cried.

A pretty great weekend if you ask me

Bummer:// No computer means no weekend writing.

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I haven't been to IKEA yet. I have a gift card, so I'm excited to go soon and check it out. They have daycare, and really good Swedish meatballs, I've heard. :)

And rollerskating! Wow. I haven't done that since I was 10.

Glad you had a great weekend!