Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I, Vanity

I attempted this needless exercise in self fellatio last year and though I had a handle on things, posts petered out as I realize I had not the ambition or ego to really carry through on this particular form of narcissism.

However, I'm French and Jewish, so I travel between a lofty desire to smirk at how much better I am than everything to depressing, crushing self-doubt that constantly retards my efforts to better myself.

Will I do better?

Probably not.

My New Year's resolution is to start and complete a novel project in the calender year. I began one last year that I didn't do enough planning for and I hit an absolute wall around page 180. I thought that fleshing out a screenplay I written earlier in the year would have worked but alas, it didn't.

The story is still there but I need to move away from it for a while.

So here I am tapping away at keys, talking to myself for no other reason than to up my WPM and my brain to screen ratio.

If you actually read this blog and you are not myself nor my lovely wife, hello. I don't know what this thing will become but for now, welcome.

love
b

No comments: