Monday, February 09, 2009

Weekend Wrapup://In glorious 3D



Another one bites the dust.

2009 is shaping up to be a fantastic year. 1/12th of the weekends have been winners in my book and show no sign of slowing.

Is this the work of some guiding hand that shapes and controls this universe?

Is it fate?

Or is it the fact that I married the perfect woman for me? A divine creature that understands me fully and therefore is able to guide my weekends into a realm of bliss only previously set aside for Buddhist on level six. God damn I love that woman.

2.6.2009:// Lazy night around the house. Observing the sabbath in the laziest way possible. But that's sort of the point.

2.7.2009:// Went shopping and rented a couple of movies. Went to Blockbuster a couple of months ago, attempted to ask for some help locating a film. Well, I've admitted to myself and loved ones that I am pretty much a elite class asshole in the past, but this Blockbuster woman snuffed out all my accolades. She jumped my crap so hard you'd think I made a passing remark of the passably rancid comment to her mother.

My wife complained to corporate and they gave us free rentals. We used that on Eagle Eye. My wounded pride is not satiated in the least. Plus, while it's a decent film I don't need to spend two hours next to the drooling zombie that used to be my wife. She transforms whenever Shia LeBeauf is onscreen.

We also rented The Foot Fist Way. I recommend the film highly, especially if you've ever wondered how to state your feelings leading to a divorce as succinct and perfect as possible.

Ended the night with a Mad Max/Road Warriors double feature. I watched that alone. I'm not sure my wife can handle those movies and living with me. She'd simply OD on the awesome.

2.8.2009:// Rainy day doldrums. Went to see Coraline 3D. When I was a kid a 3D movie meant 90 minutes of, "Hey check out my sword!" And the audience going whoa! Pretty pandering if you ask me. Coraline, this is something completely different. If you are going to see it, do yourself a favor and see it in 3D. It's simply a masterpiece.

After the movie, my wife and I decided not to go home as the rain would make us take a nap or just lay around the house like the day before.

We ended up going to a museum that I've not been to since 1985. Then we met my Bubbe and visited my sick grandpa.

Ended the night with some "Big Love."

See I told you, a terrific weekend.

And it's all my wife's fault.

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I saw Eagle Eye and liked it. Thought it was well done despite the cliched ending of the computer controlling everything. :)

Everybody keeps talking about Coraline. I really need to go see that I guess. And in 3D!

BA Boucher said...

It's one of the first films where 3D wasn't an afterthought. It was built into the script so foundationally the entire movie is built around it

Angela Ackerman said...

I can't wait to see Coraline. The book was fantastic, like you say, something completely different. I'm glad the movie didn't disappoint.