Monday, March 02, 2009

Hitfix Must-See


To Begin:

I am a big follower of movie inside baseball. I love watching rumors turn into leads and turn into lies.
That's fun. One of the guys I read the most is Drew "Moriarty" McWeeny.

Yes that is his real name.
Yes that still makes me laugh.

On his site he posted this article. A plan for a sort of primer for building a foundation for cinematic consumption. A reading list.

While one man's list is never exhaustive, I'm too lazy to come up with one on my own.

His first post is the "Duh" list. Movies you should have seen by now. And it really shows the holes in my database. The following is what I haven't seen on that list

"Rebel Without A Cause"
"Freaks"
"Taxi Driver"
"Mean Streets"
"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
"Cool Hand Luke"
"Suspiria"
"Triumph Of The Will"
"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974)
"American Graffiti"
"Annie Hall"
"Manhattan"
"Casablanca"
"Brazil"
"The Deer Hunter"
"Chinatown"
"The Nutty Professor" (1963)
"Forbidden Planet"
"Dog Day Afternoon"
"Grizzly Man"
"Pink Flamingos"
"The Dirty Dozen"
"The Great Escape"
"Steamboat Bill Jr."
"The General"
"The Wild Bunch"
"Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?"
"The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre"
"Raging Bull"
"All The President's Men"
"Easy Rider"
"The Bridge On The River Kwai"
"Point Blank"
"A Streetcar Named Desire"
"Seven Samurai"
"An American Werewolf In London"
"Network"
"Young Frankenstein"
"Dr. Strangelove"
"Ed Wood"
"The Graduate"
"Unforgiven"
"Lawrence Of Arabia"
"Glengarry Glen Ross"
"Duck Soup"
"The Adventures Of Robin Hood" (1938)
"The Thing" (1982)

That's 47/141. A full third of the initial list I've not seen. Guess I have a lot of films to catch up on.

Click here for the full list

No comments: