Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Things, new things

So in the year of 2010 I face the daunting milestone of 30. I know, I know it's not that bad. However there is a small voice inside me that measures me against some preconceived notions of who I am now and where I thought I'd be at this point.

In a lot of ways I have come up short, to the expectations of a child, teen, and mid twenties type mind.

But at 29 I look at my life and I really am humbled by how good I have it.

A beautiful, trusting and supportive wife who lives for me truly and deeply.

I have ever bullshit gadget you could want, some I really don't need.

Yesterday I bought my first adult car.

I'm not writing this to brag rather to serve notice to myself that just because I'm not some published writer or rich son of a bitch does not mean that I am lacking.

I truly am where I should be and have never been happier.

No comments: